Sunday 4 May 2014

Roubs' Reviews

Well here it is.  At the persistence of another (looking at you Jenn!) I have finally moved forward and created this blog.  And with that.  Here...We...Go...

"If you could remember your homework, like you do your movies.  You'd be the smartest kid in school!" - My Mother.

Movies have always been a part of my life.  As far back as I can remember I have always loved movies.  The idea of escaping to another world, or another life, somewhere that is not here.   To be able to spend two hours in a dark room, with a giant screen, with 100 other people, all with the same desire.  Or being in the comfort of my own home, alone with no one but myself and that of the glow of my television.  It's in that time that nothing else in the world matters anymore.  All of my days worries are about to be taken away to another place.  It could be to a fantasy world filled with Hobbits, or to the deepest parts of space aboard a star ship.  No matter where it takes me, it has helped to free my mind of the real world.  It may be for only a few hours, but in that short time I am completely free.

I've always wanted to review movies, in fact I do it all the time.  Just never written.  Verbally, I do it all the time.  With friends and family.  Have you seen this? Have you seen that?  Did you enjoy it?  I thought this was great.  Etc.  I've always liked hearing what others thought of a movie. As with everyone else, I may not agree, but other times it will open my eyes to something I may have missed.  I guess you could say that is part of the reason I am writing this.  To offer my thoughts and ideas about a movie.  You may not agree, but that is you.  This is my review.  It may as well be the worst movie ever made, but someone had the love to put it on film.  It's a story that someone wanted to tell and for us to experience with them. 

Now every critic has their own way of scoring or grading their movies.  My plan is to stick with the simplest way there is.  Did I enjoy it?  Did I feel it succeeded on what its goal was?  Did that horror movie scare me?  Did that comedy make me laugh?  Did that sappy love scene make me....never mind about that.  Good chance I didn't see that one.  Maybe I did have to remove my brain and set it aside to enjoy this particular movie.  Doesn't matter if the movie is Oscar worthy or not after all.  The questions is, "How did I feel when the credits started to roll?"

Well, now that all that is said and done.  I hope you enjoy my reviews, whether you like the movie or not. 

Oh. And on a side note.  I'm just your regular guy.  Work full time.  Have kids to contend with. Usual life stuff.  My grammar may not be the best.  But as far as I am concerned.  That doesn't matter.  These are my thoughts and feelings.  Comment all you want.  Heck, recommend a movie or two, or for me to review one of your choice.  I'm always looking for something I may have not seen yet.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the mom quote....I can relate. Best of luck from a fellow movie fanatic.

    ReplyDelete